How to be Mystery Shopper
Could you do with some extra money or freebies around your existing job? Maybe you are a student at university wanting a small job to top up your tuition fees or maintenance loan? Or are looking for a boost to your pension in retirement? No matter what your reasons are for wanting to learn how to be mystery shopper, we want to show you the steps you need to take to get involved in this exciting industry.
Learning How to be Mystery Shopper. Steps You Should Take
- Decide if you’re suitable. Just like other jobs out there, mystery shoppers do need a specific set of skills to succeed. If you’re a great communicator, are deadline-driven and detail-oriented, mystery shopping could be your next dream opportunity. Just remember travel will be needed, and it’s not really an alternative to a full-time job.
- Discover your niche. There are tonnes of mystery shopper jobs out there and the only limitation is your imagination. Retail tends to be the most popular, but you can mystery shop in bars, hotels, restaurants, banks and even places like hospitals! White lab coat anyone?
- Look for companies. Search for companies offering your chosen niche. Make sure they’re reputable by checking out reviews. Some companies are scams which try and steal your personal data. Never pay to join a mystery shopping company and make sure their contact details are visible on their website.
- Search for opportunities. Check the vacancy section of their site. Carefully check the advert before you apply. You don’t want to apply to something only to realise after that it’s unsuitable.
- Start applying! Register your details. This may ask for your basic details, the types of assignments you’re interested in and you may need to complete a spelling and grammar test. Or a test to see if you fit their general requirements.
- Get out there and give mystery shopping a go! Make sure you have everything you need for the assignment such as a mobile with necessary apps and to take photos. A notepad may be handy too, and a watch. Mystery shopping companies do not tolerate if you stray from a brief so be warned.