What to Expect as a Mystery Shopper for Apartments
New builds are popping up everywhere across the UK at the moment. In fact, there is a well-known housing crisis going on, where the government has pledged to build up to 250,000 new homes by 2022. With this comes a need for mystery shopper for apartments.
Construction companies are keen to find out how their customers rate their service. Not only for actual buyers but prospective ones too. After all, there are few purchases more expensive in life than buying a new home. They do this by recruiting mystery shoppers for apartments. But what exactly is required from them?
Mystery Shopper for Apartments. Just Some of the Tasks Expected
- Observe how well the sales agent describes the benefits of buying a new apartment
- Monitor how well the viewing process goes for a new apartment
- Note how well the representative overviews the sales incentives or purchase methods on offer
- See if the salesperson has sufficient understanding of Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
- Find out how knowledgeable the person you’re speaking to is about the National House Building Council (NHBC) or quality assurance in general
- Inspect an apartment you’ve purchased or are thinking of purchasing to make sure any snags have been identified and ironed out
- Make sure that all the fixtures and fittings you requested for your new apartment have been installed
- Notice how well the sales associate negotiates pricing and closes the deal when you come to buy your new apartment
- Seeing whether it is possible to cancel the purchase of an apartment and how this is dealt with by the staff member
- Making sure that the development site complies to safety standards by ensuring H&S signage is present and representatives are wearing the correct uniform